Bench Laboratory Colloid Mill (BLM)
Replicates the production process
This portable scale lab replicates the production process for preparation of bitumen emulsions, and a heated and insulated version replicates production of Polymer Modified Bitumen.
Designed just like the full-scale production mills, the rotor and stator system, coupled with the variable speed drive, produces fine and narrow droplet distribution.
The BLM produces the following results:
- Develop and test variations of the droplet distribution to optimize exact requirements for your project, before moving to full scale production
- Test various raw materials to find those bitumens that are of the best quality for your project
- Adjust the milling energy when blending polymer modified bitumen
Everything you need in one small package
This integrated compact unit is made to fit on a regular laboratory bench. It's precision engineering and small-scale enables production of samples as small as 500ml. This minimizes the amount of raw material needed for test, making it very efficient.
- Colloid mill, made of AISI 316L stainless steel, with high-speed bearings and high-speed AC motor
- Thermostatically controlled electrical heating of colloid mill
- Pipe system and other components in AISI 316 stainless steel for corrosion resistance against low pH emulsions
- Pipe system with funnel to receive the bitumen and other ingredients, re-circulation pipe system and sample valve
- Electrical box with start/stop, thermostat, main power switch and contactor motor protection and frequency controller
- Heating and insulation of pipe system and funnel for preparation of polymer modified bitumen (Optional.)